August 1, 2021
  • 10:00 pm Eveready East Africa Limited ( HY2010 Interim Report
  • 9:59 pm Mauritian Eagle Insurance Co. Limited ( 2011 Abridged Report
  • 9:58 pm ARM Cement Limited ( HY2011 Interim Report
  • 9:57 pm Medtech Holdings Limited ( 2012 Abridged Report
  • 9:55 pm DN Tyre & Rubber Plc ( 2013 Annual Report

first_imgWedding house shooting…remanded to prisonThe two suspects who are alleged to have shot three persons at a wedding house at 89 Hampshire, Corentyne Berbice on December 23 were on Friday remanded to prison on attempted murder charges.Tameshwar Khemraj, also called ‘Rambo,’ 31, a barber of Lot 173 Nigg Settlement, and Devendra Harrichand, also called ‘Bara’, 31, of Lot 138 High Reef, Albion, were on Friday arraigned before Magistrate Renita Singh on three charges:(a) Attempting to murder Terry Ramsammy, 21, a labourer of Hampshire (b) Attempting to murder Nicholas Beharry, 24, of Hampshire Squatting Area; and (c) Feloniously wounding Samuel Samaroo, 28, of Hampshire.The prosecution objected to bail being granted the defendants on ground of the seriousness of the offence and because Ramsammy is still hospitalized. Additionally, the Prosecution argued that firearms were used, and Harrichand has a pending matter before the court. An arrest warrant had been issued for him, since he has absented himself from court on a number of occasions.Attorney-at-law Mursalin Bacchus, representing the two defendants, said the fact that they surrendered shows intent to cooperate with law enforcement. He also told the court that no firearm was recovered.In response to Ramsammy still being hospitalized, Bacchus said the prosecution produced no evidence to prove this.Magistrate Singh told Bacchus that Harrichand failed to mention he was previously before the court on another matter. She said the court had issued an arrest warrant for him after he failed to produce himself on a charge of harbouring fugitive Stafarei Alexander.Both defendants were remanded, and are scheduled to return to court on January 16.After being on the run for more than one week, the two defendants, on Thursday last, surrendered themselves to the Police, accompanied by their attorney.last_img read more