View comments Juventus’ Mario Mandzukic, left, celebrates with teammates Paulo Dybala and Cristiano Ronaldo after scoring during the Serie A soccer match between Napoli and Juventus at the Allianz Stadium in Turin, Italy, Saturday, Sept. 29, 2018. (Andrea Di Marco/ANSA via AP)MILAN — Cristiano Ronaldo was hired by Juventus for his scoring fame. In the absence of goals, though, his influence knows no bounds.On Saturday, Ronaldo set up all three of his side’s goals — two for Mario Mandzukic and one for Leonardo Bonucci — as Juventus beat 10-man Napoli 3-1 in Serie A.ADVERTISEMENT Allen Durham still determined to help Meralco win 1st PBA title In seven league matches so far, he has five assists, compared to three goals.It’s not quite what Juventus or Ronaldo ordered, but he and the team remain perfect on the domestic front going into his enforced rest in Tuesday’s Champions League match against Young Boys following his red card at Valencia.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back Chriss“Ronaldo is having fun and doing well,” Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri said. “Tonight, he played his best match with us … we have to be better in picking him out.”Juventus’ bid for an eighth successive Serie A title looks even more unstoppable. TURNAROUNDAfter a stuttering start to the season, things seem to be clicking for Inter Milan, which has four successive wins in all competition.Inter moved into fourth spot after beating Cagliari 2-0. Lautaro Martinez and Matteo Politano scored their first goals for the club.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next LATEST STORIES Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Japeth Aguilar embraces role, gets rewarded with Finals MVP plum Former world champ Tapales makes triumphant ring return with early KO win Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Napoli’s night went from bad to worse in the 58th when defender Mario Rui was sent off for a second yellow card.Juventus capped the match 14 minutes from time. Ronaldo’s glancing header from a corner came to the far post where Bonucci was sliding in to score his first goal since his return from AC Milan in the offseason.Napoli hosts Liverpool on Wednesday in the Champions League.ROMA STOP THE ROTRoma turned in its most convincing performance yet to beat rival Lazio 3-1 in the Rome derby.Roma’s second victory in four days — after a 4-0 win over promoted Frosinone on Wednesday — gave the team some much-needed confidence ahead of a Champions League match against Viktoria Plzen on Tuesday.A surprise Champions League semifinalist last season, Roma was thoroughly outclassed by Real Madrid 3-0 in its group opener.“This performance means the team hasn’t lost its identity or idea of football,” Roma coach Eusebio Di Francesco said. “I saw the difference in their faces and their eyes today, and it showed on the pitch.”Roma is back in the Serie A fight for the Champions League places, sitting sixth, one point behind Lazio, which had won four straight.Aleksandar Kolarov scored the winner from a free kick midway through the second half. Kolarov played for Lazio from 2007-10 and scored the side’s fourth goal in a 4-2 derby win in 2009. Arne Selmonson, who played for Lazio and then Roma in the 1950s, is the only other player to score for both sides in the “Derby della Capitale.” MOST READ Tim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Napoli pushed Juventus all the way last season in the most exciting title race in recent history but the Bianconeri clinched the title despite being beaten at home by Napoli late in the campaign.It already has a six-point lead over Carlo Ancelotti’s team, which again looks set to be its closest challenger.Napoli took only 10 minutes to take a deserved lead. Allan picked out Jose Callejon, who found Dries Mertens with a delightful volleyed pass and the Belgium international slotted home.Juventus leveled after a great bit of skill from Ronaldo on the left saw him befuddle Elseid Hysaj and put in a cross for a Mandzukic header.Juventus completed the turnaround four minutes after the break. Ronaldo’s effort came off the left post and Mandzukic turned in the rebound.ADVERTISEMENT Gov’t to employ 6,000 displaced by Taal Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college
Anyone with information regarding this or any other grow operation is encouraged to call the Fort St. John RCMP at 250-787-0140. If you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or online at www.crimestoppersfsj.ca Photo: The RCMP have provided this photo from the grow-op in Charlie LakeThe Fort St. John RCMP have busted a sophisticated marijuana grow-op in Charlie Lake.- Advertisement -On Monday Feb. 21, the Fort St. John RCMP and the RCMP Regional General Investigation Section executed a search warrant at a rural property on the 287 road in Charlie Lake.Police discovered a sophisticated marijuana grow operation in two houses and two garages on the property. Police seized over 1,300 plants worth an estimated street value of over $700,000. The RCMP also seized evidence related to the grow-op.The Police discovered the grow-op after B.C. Hydro crews responded to a power outage on Sunday Feb. 20. Employees discovered the home on the 287 road had been stealing power and reported that theft to the RCMP.At the time the search warrant was executed, no one was at the property. The Fort St. John RCMP and the RCMP Regional General Investigation Section are still investigating the grow-op and the persons responsible for the facility.Advertisement
Mohamed’s Enterprise/ExxonMobil 5th annual futsal…The knockouts begin tonight with the quarter-final matches of the Mohamed’s Enterprise/ExxonMobil fifth annual futsal tournament, which kicks off from 19:00h.This evening will feature Progressive Ballers versus Germans in the first match followed by Quiet Storm vs DC Ballers in game two while Goodfellas will match skills with Russians in the third quarter-final before the feature match between the crowd favourites Figgy Green Jaguars and Haynes Hitters.When the action continued on Wednesday night, Figgy Green Jags, Good Fellas, Germans and Quiet Storm have each topped their respective groups and secured their places in the quarter-final round.Figgy Green Jags are being dubbed one of the favourites to clinch the championship by the fans in the mining town and rightfully so after edging one of the stronger teams in the tournament, Silver Bullets, 2-1 on Wednesday, to top Group A with a perfect record.Runic Velloza smashed four goals while his teammate Joel Isaacs netted a brace as Good Fellas held their nerve to get past West Side Ballers 6-5. Marvin Josiah scored a hat-trick for the West Demerara-based team while Stephon Jupiter and Lennox Cort added one goal each for the men from Region Four.Silver Bullets went down 4-1 to Amelia Ward’s Russians. Travis Watinton buried a hat-trick while Ruel Williams added one goal for the winners and Jamine Samuel scored the solitary goal for the losers.Germans’ Andre Mayers banged in a late hat-trick in their 7-2 final group game win over Achievers to secure their quarter-final berth.In other results, DC Ballers defeated Young Kings 5-3 while Hardball negotiated Presidential Family 7-4, and Quiet Storm plundered a depleted Swag FC 8-4 to top their group.The final of the tournament is set for August 18 and the runners-up will receive a handsome $250,000, third $100,000 and fourth place $50,000 in the competition, which has been sanctioned by the Guyana Football Federation (GFF).
Eden Hazard 1 Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is ready to risk Eden Hazard against Stoke this weekend, even though he admits the midfield maestro is struggling.Belgian ace Hazard has been Chelsea’s star player this season, playing in almost every game for club and country.But despite returning from international duty a weary man, Mourinho wants him to play again this weekend.“Hazard is tired because he played two matches in three days,” the Portuguese coach pointed out.“But that’s the season – that’s the season for a player that is important for the team. I want to play him every time and the international coach wants to play him every time.“It’s not a surprise that he can be a bit tired but I believe in him, in his desire to play and reach the season objective, so I will start with him.”Mourinho, who reckons Chelsea need to win six more matches to be crowned champions, also revealed there is no place for Jon Obi Mikel, but he expects striker Diego Costa to start.
“I want to be there in the front line fighting with all the circumstances that, today, are in the club,” he added. “I feel the responsibility to be there and that is why I am here. And then because I am happy and I think Tottenham gave us a lot of things that always we will be grateful for and it was a moment to say ‘we are going to be with you all, fighting in the circumstances’ because we knew what was going to happen.“I feel the responsibility to be here. That’s why I am here but also because I am happy. Tottenham gave us a lot of things – my family, Jesus [Perez, his assistant], everyone – when we arrived here four years ago. We will always be grateful. It was a moment to say that I will be with you all fighting. We knew what was going to happen.” Pochettino is at Spurs for the long haul “I feel like it is a big challenge for us,” Pochettino said. “I love the challenge and I know the challenge. The club, the fans, and the team need our full energy more than before.Asked if events off the field make this season particularly difficult, he said yes.“For everything, for me it will be the toughest season and I think if we want success we have to give more than our best. It’s not enough to give 100 per cent, it’s 200 per cent. We know from inside that it will be hard, the season, and because we are warriors we want to fight.“We want to be proud at the end, we want success and we do not want to complain or make excuses. I am a winner and I love the challenge, so that is why I feel full energy. We want to go again.”Pochettino’s commitment to Spurs was reaffirmed in the summer when he signed a new five-year contract and he insists he has no regrets about remaining, having been linked with Real Madrid.“I am very grateful to the club, to the fans and to [chairman] Daniel Levy. When you are in a difficult situation, this is the moment when you need to show that you are there. It is easy when everything is good to be there, but when the winter is coming it’s easy to run away.”If that sounds like a line from Game of Thrones then it’s because he loves the show and Spurs fans have certainly proclaimed him their ‘King in the North (London)’. Their backs may be against wall, but they are ‘warriors’ at Tottenham and Mauricio Pochettino is ready for their ‘toughest season’.Spurs failed to strengthen their squad in the summer and face further delays before moving into their new stadium, but the manager is relishing what the new campaign has in store. 2 2 Pochettino is popular with Spurs’ fans