India imposed a nationwide lockdown from the last week of March to stop the spread of the coronavirus. Image: Petronet LNG Before Covid-19, Dahej operated at about 92 percent of capacity while in April the utilization fell below 60 percent, Petronet said. “Post first week of June 20 when the lockdown was relaxed, the demand of RLNG has seen gradual recovery,” the company said, adding that since then, the Dahej terminal is operating at its full capacity. This affected many industries, refineries and power plants resulting in a demand reduction at Petronet’s 17.5 mtpa Dahej terminal, it said in the filling. “Owing to the pandemic and consequent reduced RLNG demand during the lockdown period, Petronet LNG was constrained to invoke force majeure for nine long-term cargoes with its suppliers,” it said. The company’s underused 5 mtpa Kochi LNG terminal has also seen a drop in utilization from about 20 percent in February to 12.22 percent in May. The nine shipments were for delivery in the March-May period. Petronet did not break down the shipments by supplier in a filling on Tuesday but local media reports suggest that eight of these were Qatari cargoes. The regasifed volumes go to Indian state-owned buyers Gail, IOC and Bharat Petroleum (BPCL). Furthermore, Petronet said it was still in talks with Qatargas and Exxon Mobil regarding the matter. India’s Petronet LNG said Tuesday it invoked a force majeure for nine long-term cargoes with its suppliers due to lower demand in the country caused by the Covid-19 lockdown. The country’s largest LNG importer has a deal to buy 7 mtpa from Qatargas and 1.44 mtpa from Exxon Mobil from the Gorgon project in Australia. The Indian company said it also received requests under its regasification contracts for deferment of third party cargoes to subsequent months.
COMMENT FOLLOW US WATCH US LIVE LIVE TV First Published: 14th August, 2020 06:31 IST Written By Hunter Renfroe hit two homers and drove in three runs, Mike Zunino belted a three-run shot over the Green Monster and out of Fenway Park and the surging Tampa Bay Rays beat the struggling Boston Red Sox 17-5 on Thursday to complete a four-game series sweep.It was the sixth straight win for the Rays (12-8), who posted their eighth consecutive victory in Fenway. Tampa Bay won for the 12th time in its last 14 games against Boston.Brandon Lowe added a solo homer during a five-run third inning that chased starter Kyle Hart (0-1), who was making his major-league debut.Manuel Margot had his second four-hit game of the series, Willy Adames had three hits and two RBIs, and Yoshi Tsutsugo had two hits and two RBIs for the Rays, who posted season-highs in runs and hits (19). Zunino drove in four runs.Kevin Plawecki had a two-run double and three RBIs for Boston, and Rafael Devers made three throwing errors after a first-inning RBI single. The Red Sox (6-13), who own the AL’s worst record, have lost four straight.Even a “drone delay” in the third, didn’t stop the Rays’ offense. The game was delayed for about four minutes by a drone flying outside the park beyond the right-field bleachers.With Tsutsugo at the plate, players on the field and the umpires pointed to where it was. The Rays’ two runners on base left the field and Boston’s fielders headed to their dugout area, too. The umpires walked off, waiting on the track near Boston’s dugout.When play resumed, Tsutsugo, the last batter Hart faced, lined an RBI single to right.Hart gave up seven runs — five earned — in two-plus innings. Rays starter Tyler Glasnow went four innings, giving up five runs on eight hits, striking out eight and walking two.Jalen Beeks (1-1) pitched two scoreless innings in relief and was credited with the win. Athony Banda pitched three innings for his first career save.Leading 10-5, Tampa Bay broke it open with a six-run sixth, scoring all the runs off Marcus Walden, who didn’t get an out. Renfroe homered over the Monster and five batters later Zunino sent his shot out of Fenway.CRAZY MOP-UP MOVESInfielder José Peraza pitched the ninth for Boston, but had to leave after getting hit on the leg by Lowe’s hard grounder.Plawecki then moved from catcher to pitcher, getting the final two outs, and Tzu-Wei Lin took over behind the plate. It was Lin’s first-ever time catching professionally.EIGHT IS MORE THAN ENOUGHThe Rays scored at least eight runs in every game of the series. Getting eight in the first two and nine on Wednesday.They came into the series ranked near the bottom of the AL in total runs before the outburst.Not bad for a team that entered the series winless on the road.TAKE THATHart struck out Renfroe swinging on a slider in the first inning for his first big-league K. In his next at-bat against the 27-year-old lefty, Renfroe sent a shot into the Red Sox bullpen.TRAINER’S ROOMRays: Brent Honeywell Jr., one of the organization’s top pitching prospects threw live BP two days ago. He underwent a decompression procedure on his right ulnar nerve on May 20 and hadn’t thrown to hitters since April of 2019.Red Sox: SS Xander Bogaerts had the day off. Manager Ron Roenicke said: “He’s got some stuff going on in his lower half, some fatigue there.” He expects him back in the lineup Friday against the Yankees.UP NEXTRays: TBD Friday night at the Toronto Blue Jays in their 2020 alternate home in Buffalo, New York, after the Canadian government wouldn’t allow them to play in the country due to the coronavirus.Red Sox: Roenicke said it’ll be a “bullpen game” in the opener of a four-game series against the Yankees in New York on Friday.Image credits: AP SUBSCRIBE TO US Last Updated: 14th August, 2020 06:31 IST Zunino Hits 3-run HR; Rays Bash Sox To Complete 4-game Sweep Hunter Renfroe hit two homers and drove in three runs, Mike Zunino belted a three-run shot over the Green Monster and out of Fenway Park and the surging Tampa Bay Rays beat the struggling Boston Red Sox 17-5 on Thursday to complete a four-game series sweep Associated Press Television News