Topics : Abidin, another young farmer from Megapanda village in Sikka regency, appreciated the government’s KUR program. He echoed Gestianus, saying the funds should go to the hard-working farmers instead of new farmers who only wanted money.“I will certainly use it to develop my agriculture business,” Abidin said. “I’m currently only working on a rice field. With the microcredit, I will try to develop other plantations as well.”According to Statistics Indonesia’s (BPS) 2018 Inter-Census Agricultural Survey, there are 27.6 million farmers in Indonesia. Around 17.7 million are 45 years old and above, while only 9.77 million are below 45 years of age.However, the number of young farmers aged 25 and below has increased to 273,839 farmers from only 184,734 in 2013. (eyc) Young farmers in East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), most of whom have developed their land from square-one, are hoping to have access to the government’s first subsidized microcredit program (KUR).The Agriculture Ministry has allocated Rp 1 trillion (US$69.7 million) in KUR to support agriculture and livestock development in the province. NTT agriculture agency head Yohanes Oktavianus said this was the first microcredit program for the province since its initiation in 2007.“The allocation for each regency depends on their respective planning. They are welcome to take as much as needed because there are no limits,” Yohanes told The Jakarta Post on Thursday. “Farmer communities can learn about entrepreneurship and become independent by utilizing these funds.” NTT farmer Gestianus Sino, who was the Indonesian Young Agripreneur Ambassador in 2018, said the provincial agriculture agency should closely monitor the fund’s disbursement. The 36-year-old farmer is known for developing integrated agricultural land for organic produce with tens of millions of rupiah in monthly income.“I suggest these funds be given to farmers who are committed to developing their land,” he said.Read also: Radical overhaul of agricultural data-gathering methods in Asia-Pacific needed: ExpertsGestianus went on to say that farmers have formed farming groups as part of the funding programs. They later used the money to procure tractors, drills and other farming equipment. However, they did not continue farming after spending the money.
Apart from personnel from the provincial agency, Jakarta Public Facility Maintenance Agency (PPSU) workers – commonly known as the “orange troops” who work under the district administration – assisted in the cleanup process.Read also: One journalist beaten, another missing after covering protestsKaret subdistrict head in Central Jakarta, Kiki Muhammad Akbar, said 40 public facility workers were deployed in the early hours of Friday to clean areas around Transjakarta’s Karet bus station and MRT’s Setiabudi Astra station, tempo.co reported.Kiki said glass at the Transjakarta bus station was shattered and a water tank was torched. Glass at the MRT entrance gate was also destroyed, in addition to two bicycles from a nearby bike-sharing facility.According to the authorities, Thursday’s protests in the capital resulted in damages to 25 Transjakarta bus stations. Several police posts, the Grand Theatre cinema in Senen, Central Jakarta, and four shops located behind it were also set on fire.Jakarta Deputy Governor Ahmad Riza Patria said the administration suffered approximately Rp 65 billion (US$4.42 million) in losses from damaged public facilities.“[The city administration] immediately cleaned up the location. We have also started repairs. But overall, the public still has access to public transportation,” he said.Topics : The Jakarta Environment Agency has collected 398 tons of waste following rallies against the recently passed Job Creation Law in the capital on Thursday.The agency deployed 1,100 officers, 12 road-sweeping teams and 20 garbage trucks for inorganic waste, agency head Andono Warih said.”We have collected 398 tons of waste so far, including debris and broken glass,” Andono said in a written statement on Friday, adding that officers were still cleaning the areas of the protests.
12 Joan St, Southport.Poised on a 506sq m elevated block the three-bedroom home features polished timber flooring and modern kitchen in its cottage design. “It was a really popular house, the space is one of the big drawcards,” Mr Willcox said.“We had over 40 inspections in 28 days for this property.“There is plenty of room to entertain, as not only is there one, but two outdoor alfresco entertaining areas.“You can potter around in the outdoor shed, and grow your own vegetables from your gardens.” 12 Joan St, Southport.More from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North7 hours ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa1 day agoJesse Wilcox from Lambert Willcox said the home sold above the reserve and brought the owner to tears.“It sold well above the sellers expectations and it was a special moment when it sold,” Mr Willcox said. 12 Joan St, Southport. 12 Joan St, Southport.THIS Southport cottage didn’t last long at auction cracking under the hammer for $586,000 in 15 minutes. The auction attracted five bidders who battled it out to secure the fully-restored cottage at 12 Joan St.
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP):Serena Williams has never lost in the semi-finals of the Australian Open. Neither has Novak Djokovic.A key difference between the defending champions is that Williams beat the most-experienced and highest-ranked challenger in her half of the draw when she extended her streak to 18 consecutive wins against Maria Sharapova with a 6-4, 6-1 quarter-final victory yesterday.Williams said she wasn’t aware that she had won the Australian Open all six previous times she won her quarter-final match, “but that’s good”.”It’s not a stat that’s set in stone,” Williams said. “I still have to win two matches.”Five-time champion Djokovic, after beating No. 7 Kei Nishikori 6-3, 6-2, 6-4, still has a daunting semi-final match against Roger Federer, who has won four of his 17 Grand Slam titles in Australia.Federer reached his 12th Australian Open semi-final, and 39th in a Grand Slam event, with a 7-6 (4), 6-2, 6-4 win over No. 6 Tomas Berdych. He hasn’t gone past the semi-finals at Melbourne Park since winning the title in 2010, but he’s a serious obstacle for Djokovic.They’re 22-all in career head-to-heads, with Djokovic catching up since usurping Federer in the rankings.TRICKY TIEBREAKERThe tiebreaker will be tricky. Djokovic lost only one of his 28 Grand Slam matches in 2015 – to Stan Wawrinka in the French Open final – and has won 37 of his last 38 matches at Melbourne Park, a run that includes four titles.He beat Federer in the Wimbledon and US Open finals last year, but Federer was back contending for titles.”Any round feels like finals because of the fact that we are, you know, big rivals. We played so many times against each other,” Djokovic said. “There’s a lot of tension. There’s a lot at stake. I’m expecting a great fight in two days.”In the women’s semi-finals, Williams will be facing fourth-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska, who beat No. 10 Carla Suarez Navarro 6-1, 6-3. Radwanska has won one of her previous four semi-finals at a major, but never won a Grand Slam title.Williams is 8-0 against Radwanska, including their meeting in the 2012 Wimbledon final.Williams said she couldn’t explain her 11-year domination of Sharapova – she has won 19 of their 21 meetings overall – except to say she rises to the big challenges.”When I play her, I know automatically I have to step up my game,” said Williams, a 21-time major winner. “I think that makes me play better.”