August 3, 2021
  • 10:00 pm Eveready East Africa Limited (EVRD.ke) HY2010 Interim Report
  • 9:59 pm Mauritian Eagle Insurance Co. Limited (MEI.mu) 2011 Abridged Report
  • 9:58 pm ARM Cement Limited (ARM.ke) HY2011 Interim Report
  • 9:57 pm Medtech Holdings Limited (MMDZ.zw) 2012 Abridged Report
  • 9:55 pm DN Tyre & Rubber Plc (DUNLOP.ng) 2013 Annual Report

first_img Comment Cedric Soares breaks silence on Arsenal injury nightmare Pablo Mari has also signed a long-term deal at Arsenal (Picture: Getty)Posting on Twitter, he wrote: ‘I’m delighted to announce that I have signed a long term deal to stay at Arsenal. ‘I’ve been really frustrated with how injuries have kept me off the pitch so far, but I’m working as hard as I can to return as soon as possible. Thank you to all those who have supported me. Let’s go, Gunners!’Fellow January recruit Pablo Mari, who has also struggled with injury since his arrival from Flamengo, signed a long-term deal on Wednesday and Mikel Arteta insisted it was always the plan for both players to join the club on a permanent basis.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing ArsenalHe said: ‘We’ve been trying to get the [Mari] deal done because we were happy with what Pablo can bring to us. I think the club will announce that as quick as possible when everything is sorted.‘It was the plan from the start [to make Soares’ move permanent]. But he’s been so, so unlucky. ‘He had an injury when he joined, and then he got a fracture of the nose. We think he’s a player who will improve and help the squad depth and hopefully we can do it.’MORE: Former transfer chief Sven Mislintat telling people Arsenal is an ‘absolute mess’MORE: Jamie Vardy made the right decision by rejecting Arsenal, says Phil NevilleFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page. Cedric Soares is still waiting to make his Arsenal debut following his loan move from Southampton (Picture: Getty)Cedric Soares admits he has been left bitterly frustrated by the injuries which have prevented him from making his Arsenal debut. The experienced Portugal international was brought in on loan from Southampton in January to provide cover for Hector Bellerin who was working his way back to full form and fitness following a year out with a serious knee injury.Soares arrived still nursing a knee injury of his own and was unable to feature prior to the season being suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic. The 28-year-old had been working his way back to full fitness before he suffered a facial injury following a training ground accident involving Bukayo Saka earlier this month which has delayed his debut still further.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTDespite a difficult spell on the sidelines, Arsenal have opted to make his transfer a permanent one and he is hopeful of making his bow before the end of the current campaign. Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 24 Jun 2020 9:02 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link5.1kShares Advertisement Advertisementlast_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgTo recall, a portion of WVMC’s medical/surgical ward went on a one-day lockdown on July 10 after a 13-year-old boy patient tested positive for COVID-19. “Nakahatag sang letter si Dr. Nicolo nga kon puede [ang mga patients] dira lang anay sa mga district hospitals. Kon indi gid masarangan kag kinahanglan gid nga i-refer sa Western, may makeshift tent sa sagwa nga maka-accommodate,” said Abello. Meanwhile, Dr. Joseph Dean Nicolo, chief of WVMC, issued an advisory to the Provincial Health Office and district hospitals in Iloilo province and other parts of Region 6 to suspend the issuance of referrals. Of the three infected personnel, one was a nurse assigned in a non-COVID emergency room, one was a radiologist and another was an institutional worker, according to Dr. Stephanie Abello, chief pathologist of the WVMC sub-national laboratory where the region’s COVID-19 tests are conducted. “Once ma-decontaminate ang mga areas, mabalik man               ila operation,” Abello added. She said makeshift tents were installed outside the WVMC to assure patients of continued medical care. Four areas of the hospital were immediately locked down on Wednesday to stop the virus from spreading. “Sa subong gina-trace kon diin gid ang source. Puede nga community acquired or sa patient,” Abello furthered. Also, more than a week ago, a portion of the hospital’s orthopedic ward was locked down after a 72-year-old male patient from Igbaras, Iloilo was found infected with COVID-19.center_img Over 51 contacts of the three WVMC personnel have so far been traced and specimens were collected from them for analysis. Abello said they temporarily sealed off the St. Anthony ward, St. Augustine ward, portions of the non-COVID emergency room and radiology department to allow decontamination and restrict movement while contract tracing is ongoing. She disclosed that the hospital has yet to determine the source of infection of the three cases. People walk past the front of Western Visayas Medical Center’s emergency room in Mandurriao, Iloilo City on Wednesday. Some portions of the hospital went on lockdown after three workers tested positive for coronavirus disease 2019. IAN PAUL CORDERO/PN Abello clarified that notwithstanding the lockdown, the hospital remains in operation. ILOILO – Two healthcare workers and an employee of the Western Visayas Medical Center (WVMC) in Mandurriao district tested positive for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). COVID-19 is the infectious disease caused by the most recently discovered coronavirus. This new virus and disease were unknown before the outbreak began in Wuhan, China in December 2019./PNlast_img read more

READ MORE