August 5, 2021
  • 10:00 pm Eveready East Africa Limited (EVRD.ke) HY2010 Interim Report
  • 9:59 pm Mauritian Eagle Insurance Co. Limited (MEI.mu) 2011 Abridged Report
  • 9:58 pm ARM Cement Limited (ARM.ke) HY2011 Interim Report
  • 9:57 pm Medtech Holdings Limited (MMDZ.zw) 2012 Abridged Report
  • 9:55 pm DN Tyre & Rubber Plc (DUNLOP.ng) 2013 Annual Report

first_imgRay White New Farm principal Matt Lancashire recently sold his house at 50 Crase St, New Farm.The colonial property is one of Brisbane’s iconic heritage homes; perched high on a hill with superb views and boasting wide verandahs overlooking landscaped gardens.Built in 1887, the home was named Blenheim House by its original owner, JG Johnson, a civil engineer who owned the property until its sale in 1893.“It won’t be a significant renovation — more a cosmetic facelift … to just make it ours,” Mr Lancashire said. There is more demand than supply for Brisbane’s prestige property market at the moment.Mr Adcock said he had negotiated $22 million worth of property sales in the past 90 days.“Some of those people were interested four or five weeks ago, but are now ready to buy,” he said.“We’re seeing a lot of (overseas buyers and expats) who were going to buy in Sydney or Melbourne, instead coming to Brisbane. “And a lot of locals are thinking now is the time to upgrade and get some good capital groqwth over the next few years.” New Farm heritage home, Blenheim House, is rich in history. This property at 146 Virginia Ave, Hawthorne, has sold for more than $6m.“There are more buyers than properties, which is great because it’s been a long time since that happened,” she said.One of the biggest residential transactions of 2019 so far is the sale of a riverfront property at 39 Griffith St, New Farm.The five-bedroom, three-bathroom house on an 873 sqm block fetched $7.75 million in March when it sold at auction to Queensland richlister and property developer Kevin Seymour. Ray White prestige agent Matt Lancashire has bought Blenheim House in New Farm.For the first time in years, agents say market confidence has hit a new high, there is a sense of urgency to buy and demand is outweighing supply — creating a prestige property drought that could drive up prices over the next few years.“I think Brisbane is targeted in the next three to five years to see some significant growth,” Mr Lancashire said.“With all the infrastructure that’s going in, all of the urban renewal that’s happening, Brisbane is a really affordable, livable city. Matt Lancashire, wife Caitlyn and two of their three kids, Monty, 3, and Lulu, 1. Picture: Annette Dew.HE may spruik Brisbane’s prestige property market for a living, but you can’t say Matt Lancashire doesn’t put his money where his mouth is. The principal of Ray White New Farm and the man behind many of the city’s most expensive home sales recently sunk more than $4 million — according to industry sources — into his own forever home in New Farm.Mr Lancashire refused to reveal the purchase price, but has no doubts the 130-year-old heritage home on a 1000 sqm corner block is worth every cent.The top agent’s investment says a lot about his faith in the future of Brisbane’s prestige housing market. The quaint kitchen in Blenheim House.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus12 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market12 hours agoMr Lancashire said there had been a surge in buyer activity since the federal election, which had increased competition for what was an already tight market with limited stock. “Since the election, we’ve seen a 30 per cent increase (in online) enquiries and a 10 per cent increase in open for inspection numbers, which is a huge statistic,” Mr Lancashire said.And he’s not the only prestige agent noticing a change at the top end of town.Adcock Prestige Property managing director Jason Adcock said he had noticed “ a renewed sense of urgency” among buyers, which he had not seen since 2010.“Ever since the LNP got back in and the interest rate reduction, we’ve seen a renewed surge in buyers who were sitting on their hands now moving forward,” Mr Adcock said.“They realise there is likely to be strong, steady growth over the next few years and realise they’ll have to capitalise now.” This home at 30 Wendell St, Norman Park, has sold for $6m.Mrs Hackett said she had also noticed an influx in buyers looking to upgrade since the federal election. She said she had negotiated three sales above $6 million on the Brisbane River in the past 45 days.They include a four-bedroom house at 30 Wendell St, Norman Park, formerly owned by Aria Development boss Tim Forrester, and another riverfront property at 146 Virginia Ave, Hawthorne. This house at 65 Longman Tce, Chelmer, has sold for $6.6m.Place Estate Agents managing director Sarah Hackett said the top end of the market was awash with buyers waiting to pounce on prestige properties, but there were not enough to choose from.“I’ve never seen such a little amount of stock available,” Mrs Hackett said.“We’re seeing multiple offers on properties because there’s not as much to choose from.“(Properties with) good floorplans conducive to the outdoors, gardens and the river are in demand.” This property at 39 Griffith St, New Farm, sold for $7.75m at auction.Mr Lancashire, who sold 39 Griffith Street along with colleague Nicholas Given, said the sale was proof buyers in Brisbane were willing spend big dollars to secure the right property — even if it was in less private circumstances than an off market or private treaty deal. A verandah overlooks the pool at Blenheim House.“I deal with a lot of people from Sydney and Melbourne, as well as expats who are making lifestyle decisions to come back and being affordable is a huge factor for them.” Mr Lancashire and his wife, Caitlin, are about to embark on a renovation of their new home before moving in, having recently sold their previous home in Teneriffe.“We’d been looking around New Farm for a big block, bid at a number of auctions and were always looking for our next 20-plus year home,” Mr Lancashire said.last_img read more

READ MORE

first_img— N.C. State’s Dave Doeren might be a touch underrated knowing the Wolfpack have a .641 winning percentage the last three seasons and have done an excellent job producing NFL talent.—  Mad about your coach’s ranking? Don’t be. Eight coaches are ranked from No. 34-49, starting with Syracuse’s Dino Babers and ending with first-year Louisville coach Scott Satterfield. There’s not much separation between those coaches and they likely will shuffle in this range again in 2020.— Among returning coaches, Babers jumped 47 spots from last year’s overall rankings for the biggest gain. Virginia Tech’s Justin Fuente had an 14-spot fall for the biggest drop. Mack Brown is back in the ACC with North Carolina. Is he really the No. 2 coach in the conference?  Sporting News answered that question in its annual 1-130 coach rankings. Today, we’ll dig a little deeper into our ACC coach rankings. Brown is ranked No. 2 among ACC coaches behind Clemson coach Dabo Swinney, who has won two national championships in the last three years. Swinney is the runaway at No. 1 in this year’s rankings. Brown, 67, is back after a five-year hiatus following his stint at Texas. We can defend this ranking, too.MORE: ACC 2019 early conference primerBrown is one of just five FBS coaches with a national championship. Brown made aggressive coordinator hires in getting offensive coordinator Phil Longo from Ole Miss and defensive coordinator Jay Bateman from Army. We have the feeling he’s out to prove the game hasn’t passed him by. That will translate to the Tar Heels competing for ACC Coastal Division championships sooner rather than later.Plus, the rest of the field is lumped together. With that in mind, here is a look at our ACC coach rankings:   2019 ACC Coach Rankings  RankNameSchoolWLPCT.OVR1Dabo SwinneyClemson11630.79522Mack BrownNorth Carolina244122.667243David CutcliffeDuke111101.524274Dino BabersSyracuse3628.563345Dave DoerenNorth Carolina State6638.635356Justin FuenteVirginia Tech5138.573387Pat NarduzziPittsburgh2824.538428Dave ClawsonWake Forest6066.476459Bronco MendenhallVirginia11565.6394710Willie TaggartFlorida State5257.4774811Scott SatterfieldLouisville4716.7464912Steve AddazioBoston College3838.5006114Manny DiazMiami00.0006813Geoff CollinsGeorgia Tech1510.60069MORE: SN’s post-spring preseason top 25Quick reads  — There is a strong argument to be made for Duke’s David Cutcliffe in the top 25 (or even higher) knowing he has led the Blue Devils to five winning seasons in the last six years.last_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgDonegal county councillor Micheal Cholm Mac Giolla Easbuig has reacted strongly to claims from the Department of Heritage that the partial privatisation of shuttle bus services at Glenveagh National Park will result in job creation.Cllr Mac Giolla EasbuigThe Independent councillor asked if more jobs will now be available where will they be advertised so that people can apply?“The truth is that there will be no new jobs. The introduction of a private contractor opens the door to the gradual privatisation of the entire service. “It is a cruel deception from the Department to raise hopes of new jobs in our county. They say that there are currently two full time and four part time staff at Glenveagh operating the present bus service, but have failed to mention that there is an additional standby driver used at peak periods in the months of July and August. This driver has already been told his services are no longer required. He will be replaced by the private contractor.“There are fears that as staff retire or leave, they will not be replaced, but that the privatised element will be expanded, a process of privatisation by stealth. This is what has effectively happened to the catering service in Glenveagh. After the bus staff, the garden staff could be next,” he claimed.Cllr Mac Giolla Easbuig said he raised the question of where the privatisation agenda was coming from.“Was it from local management or the Department? The deceptive statement from the Department makes it clear it is coming from them. It is idealogically driven. “Where is the cost saving in replacing a seasonal bus driver who is on the minimum wage? It can only make sense if there is a more widespread agenda to save money through wholesale privitisation. I stand over my statement of last week that this will lead to job losses.“I remain totally opposed to this race to the bottom and offer the workforce in Glenveagh my full support.”Glenveagh. Pic by Donegal Daily. GOVERNMENT INVOLVED IN DECEPTION OVER GLENVEAGH JOBS – CLLR Mac GIOLLA EASBUIG was last modified: June 20th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Cllr Mac Giolla Easbuigdonegalglenveagh national parklast_img read more

READ MORE

last_img

READ MORE