Are you interested in teaching the next generation of Touch Football stars?With over 230 school programs registered so far for the Sporting Schools Program, Touch Football Australia (TFA) is eager to engage with its members and accredited coaches in order to effectively deliver all of these programs.TFA has developed the Field Officer Program which will provide the capacity for accredited coaches and interested members to become involved in the Sporting Schools Program.To be eligible to become a Field Officer an individual needs to: – Be aged 15 years or over– Have a current state/territory Working With Children Check – Hold a General Principles, Foundation or Talent level coaching accreditationAs a Field Officer you will receive: – Program payment between $25 and $50 per hour/session (dependent on accreditation level)– Uniform– Resources– Educational and pathway development opportunitiesIf you are interested in becoming a Field Officer please click the following link and complete the form – TFA Field Officer Registration. For more information on the Sporting Schools Program, please visit www.sportingschools.gov.auIf you have any questions or would like further information, please contact TFA via [email protected] Related LinksTFA Field Officers
APTN National NewsOTTAWA—Betty Ann Lavallee, the national chief of the Congress of Aboriginals Peoples (CAP), is leaving her post, according to a statement.Lavallee will officially leave the position of national chief in September, according to the statement from the Aboriginal Affairs Coalition of Saskatchewan.Lavallee said the health of her parents and husband convinced her it was time to step aside, said the statement.Lavallee had previously refused to resign from the position after several members of the CAP board expressed non-confidence in her leadership during a conference call on March 31.The statement said Lavallee’s leadership has been opposed by Kim Beaudin, president of the Aboriginal Affairs Coalition of Saskatchewan, Brendan Sheppard, from the Qalipu first Nation, Robert Bertrand, from the Native Alliance of Quebec, Wendy Wetteland, from the New Brunswick Aboriginal Peoples Council, Brad Maggrah, from the Ontario Coalition of Aboriginal Peoples, Ron Swain, a national CAP vice-chief, and Jessica Bolduc, the national youth [email protected]@APTNNews
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Collegium has recommended names of five judges for appointment as Chief Justices in Rajasthan, Kerala, Meghalaya, Andhra Pradesh and Chhattisgarh High Courts.The five names are — Delhi High Court Judge Justice S Ravindra Bhat, Kerala High Court Judge Justice P R Ramachandra Menon, Punjab and Haryana High Court Judge Justice A K Mittal, Allahabad High Court Judge Justice Vikram Nath and Bombay High Court Judge Justice A S Oka. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’The Collegium recommended the appointment of Justice Bhat after noting that the office of the Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court has fallen vacant after the recent transfer of Justice Pradeep Nandrajog to Bombay High Court. “Therefore, appointment to that office is required to be made. Justice S Ravindra Bhat is the senior-most Judge from Delhi High Court and is functioning in that High Court since his elevation. Having regard to all relevant factors, the Collegium finds Justice S Ravindra Bhat suitable in all respects for being appointed as Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court. The Collegium resolves to recommend accordingly. Also Read – Farooq demands unconditional release of all detainees in J&K”While making the above recommendation, the Collegium is conscious of the fact that consequent upon the proposed appointment, there will be three Chief Justices from Delhi High Court, which has the special distinction of being the High Court for the national capital,” the Collegium said. It also recommended appointment of Justice Menon noting that the office of the Chief Justice of the Chhattisgarh High Court has fallen vacant recently after resignation of Justice A K Tripathi, Chief Justice of the High Court. The Collegium said it finds Justice Menon suitable in all respects for being appointed as Chief Justice of the Chhattisgarh High Court and “consequent upon the proposed appointment, there will be two Chief Justices from Kerala High Court”. On Justice Mittal, it noted that office of the Chief Justice of the Meghalaya High Court would be falling vacant shortly after retirement of Justice M Y Mir, Chief Justice of that High Court. “Having regard to all relevant factors, the Collegium finds Justice A K Mittal suitable in all respects for being appointed as Chief Justice of the Meghalaya High Court,” it said. Following the proposed appointment there will be “two Chief Justices from the Punjab & Haryana High Court, which serves two States and is the third largest High Court in the country, with sanctioned strength of 85 Judges”, the Collegium said. On Justice Nath, it said that office of the Chief Justice of the Andhra Pradesh High Court which has recently been constituted as separate High Court for the State of Andhra Pradesh, has been lying vacant right from the day of its inception.
People who use their smartphones for making calls, texting or listening to music while shopping at a store are more likely to make unplanned purchases and forget items they had planned to buy, according to a study. Researchers from the Fairfield University in the US investigated the impact of mobile phone use on in-store shopping behaviour. They found that those who used mobile phones in store for purposes unrelated to shopping, such as making phone calls, texting, checking emails or listening to music, were more likely to make unplanned purchases and forget items they had planned to buy. Also Read – The Puja carnivalThe study, published in the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, observed this effect even when phones were only used for part of the shopping trip, suggesting that in-store mobile phone use may consume attentional resources even after the phone is put away. “Our finding that phone use that is unrelated to shopping negatively affects shopping behaviour was in stark contrast to beliefs held by consumers,” said Michael Sciandra, corresponding author of the study. Also Read – Wave City brings special offers this Navratra”The vast majority of shoppers we asked thought that mobile phones did not have any negative effect,” Sciandra said. The researchers asked 231 participants to complete a simulated shopping task. While the participants either refrained from using their phone, or used it for an unrelated task either constantly (simulated phone call) or intermittently, they were shown a first person perspective video of someone grocery shopping. The participants were given a shopping list of items and were asked to compare the list to the products the person in the video placed in the cart, or picked up and put down. The participants’ mobile phone dependence was assessed via self-report. The researchers found that consumers who are highly dependent upon mobile phones, characterised by excessive use of and reliance on the device, were the most at risk of deviating from a shopping plan while engaging in shopping-unrelated mobile phone use. “Mobile phones are quickly becoming the principal distractor for many consumers and they offer a unique form of interruption,” Sciandra said. “Our findings may influence consumers’ attitudes towards mobile phone use while shopping and persuade them to reflect on how these devices impact our lives, both positively and negatively,” he said.
Soledad O’Brien‘s congratulatory tweet to Haitian-Japanese tennis champ Naomi Osaka left critics reeling after the journalist pointed out that there are now TWO Black women competing in the 2018 US Open finals.Osaka, who advanced to the finals after defeating American Madison Keys on Thursday, will now face off against 23-time Grand Slam champion Serena Williams. According to the BBC, the 21-year-old, who is of Haitian and Japanese descent, is the first ever Japanese or Haitian woman to reach a grand slam final.Twitter screenshot.“Message to Serena: ‘I love you,’” O’Brien wrote. “Naomi Osaka is so awesome … and now we’ve got 2 Black ladies in the final.”Her tweet drew backlash from conservatives who refused to see the significance of two Black women, or women of color in general, competing for the grand slam title.“This comment is so racist,” one critic wrote. “Blacks r racist than whites, I keep saying. Imagine a white person celebrating an all white final …”“Why does it have to be 2 ‘black’ ladies,” another chimed in. “Why can’t it be 2 great tennis players?”Others chided O’Brien for excluding the fact that Osaka is also Japanese.“If you want to put importance on race cool that’s you, but please be all inclusive and accurate,” someone tweeted.Meanwhile, another critic warned, “Be careful, we don’t know if Osaka identifies a Black. Remember Madison Keys (who’s biracial) didn’t like that distinction … lol. I’m just saying, we have to let people identify how they want to. But if she does, then yes, we have two Black ladies in the finals! YAY!”Osaka and Williams will compete for the 2018 Grand Slam title in New York on Sunday.When asked how she felt during her match with Keys, Osaka replied, “This is going to sound really bad … but I was just thinking – I really wanted to play Serena…Because she’s Serena.”
England managed to win their last preparation game for the upcoming World Cup in Russia as they beat Costa Rica 2-0 at home and Marcus Rashford was the main star as he scored the winner.The Manchester United attacker put a great performance in this last friendly match before the team will head to Russia – and he admitted that the expectations will be really high this year on the national team.Rashford spoke about the upcoming tournament as he said, according to Sports Mole:Crouch: Liverpool could beat Man United to Jadon Sancho Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Peter Crouch wouldn’t be surprised to see Jadon Sancho end up at Liverpool one day instead of his long-term pursuers Manchester United.“I feel in good physical form leading up to the tournament. I still need to get in the box a bit more to finish off chances. It means a lot to be involved but going to the World Cup and playing a major part in my main aim.”“We have got a good chance. Anything is possible and we have to go there with the highest expectations.”
Turks and Caicos in serious talks with Panama for Tourism & Health relations Obama now in Jamaica Obama coming to the Caribbean on business Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:cable and wireless communications, Grupo Sonitel, Laurie Bowen, Panama, TMT Deal of the Year for the Americas Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppNovember 28, 2014 (Cable & Wireless Press Release) – Cable & Wireless Communications (CWC) has won the TMT Deal of the Year for the Americas Award (2014) for the acquisition of Grupo Sonitel. Earlier in August, Cable & Wireless Business Solutions through their subsidiary, Cable & Wireless Panama, S.A., acquired the Panama-based Grupo Sonitel for US$36 million plus a contingency sum of US$5 million.The deal is considered a strategic move by the telecoms business as it brings together Cable & Wireless’ expansive networks, connectivity expertise, and customer scale with Grupo Sonitel’s end-to-end managed services and solutions, designed to create a market-leading proposition for business and government customers. Additionally, with IT services now added to its data and telecoms offering for businesses and governments, this deal has opened the door for CW Business Solutions to enter and serve new markets such as El Salvador, Peru, and Nicaragua. Laurie Bowen, CEO of Cable & Wireless Business Solutions said: “We are very pleased to receive this recognition that acknowledges our commitment to grow our business and government capabilities in support of the growing needs of our customers. This award is also a testament to the hard work and dedication of our team and their unwavering commitment to better serve our customers.”The TMT Deal of the Year for the Americas is awarded by the AI Group Media Ltd, conceptualizers of the award and publishers of Acquisition International, The Voice of Corporate Finance, and Deal Feed International – Your Daily M&A. Each year the Awards Committee conducts analyses of the market and identifies prominent players and key deals which are announced around the globe. The committee assessed more than twenty thousand deals covering a wide cross section of sectors and regions. Cable & Wireless Business Solutions’ acquisition of the Panama based “Grupo Sonitel” emerged as the winner of the award in the category of TMT Deal of the Year.ABOUT CABLE & WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS (CWC)Cable & Wireless Communications is a full-service communications business operating in 16 countries throughout the Caribbean and Latin America. We operate four leading Business Units: Cable and Wireless Panama, LIME, (Caribbean excluding The Bahamas), BTC (The Bahamas) and Seychelles. CWC offers mobile, broadband, TV, domestic and international fixed line services in most of our markets. CWC also provides premium data centre hosting, telecoms, managed network services and custom IT Service Solutions to businesses and governments through its new unit, Cable & Wireless Business. CWC is a partner in the largest undersea cable network in the Caribbean and Latin America, spanning more than 42,000 kilometres and serves 42 countries across North, Central and South America and the Caribbean enabling connectivity-based solutions for wholesale and enterprise customers. Our mission is to grow customer relationships and lifetime value by delivering an unparalleled customer experience. We are the market leader in most products we offer and territories we serve. In 2014, the company formed the Cable & Wireless Business Solutions unit to bring the necessary focus to its business and government customers’ needs and to drive the required investment in networks and capabilities. For more information visit www.cwc.com.
Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享ENSTAR Natural Gas employees donated more than 2,000 books for local students and handed out more than 1,500 slices of pizza to students at Willow Crest Elementary in Anchorage and Mountain View Elementary in Kenai. Moira Smith with ENSTAR: “ENSTAR has three divisions: Anchorage, the Mat-Su Valley, and Kenai. We do a book drive at one school in each division, and have done so each year for the last four years or so. In Anchorage, we do it with our partner school, Willow Crest Elementary. In Kenai, it’s Mountain View. And in the Mat-Su, it’s Finger Lake Elementary.” The annual giving event typically takes place in December, closer to the holidays, but was postponed this school year due to the November 30 earthquake. Smith: “ENSTAR pays for the pizza for each school. We go to the school in the morning and set up the books on a table. The kids come in and pick out a book. They then return to their classes and a short while later, when lunchtime happens, ENSTAR employees serve the pizza to the kids. The kids just love getting a new book and having pizza. They are happy to have the injection of fun and the gift from their community gas company.” ENSTAR employees contribute the books for each division. According to Smith, there is a healthy competition among divisions and among employees for who donates the most — this year, the Mat-Su won.